Fiancé Visas


You are engaged – CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Just one problem your fiancé is not a US Citizen and living outside the United States.

Not a problem here at the Law Offices of Bilu Law we have many successful cases of uniting couples together through a Fiancé Visa.

Who can apply for a Fiancé Visa?

Only a United States Citizen can petition for their Non-Citizen fiancé. A US Permanent Resident cannot petition for their non-citizen fiancé.

How to apply for a Fiancé Visa?


  1. The First Step in Applying for a Fiancé Visa is to fill out the Correct Form with United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Once USCIS approves your form you are one step closer to bringing in your Fiancé into the United States.
  2. Once USCIS approves your Application for your fiancé Visa they forward it to the consulate abroad in the country in which your fiancé resides.
  3. The consulate abroad ask for additional documentation, once the consulate receives the additional documentation the consulate schedules an Interview with your Non-US citizen fiancé.
  4. The consulate approves the fiancé Visa after the Interview.
  5. Your Non-Citizen fiancé comes to the United States with a fiancé Visa in K-1 Status.
  6. You and your fiancé have 90 days to marry. If you do not marry within 90 days your fiancé is no longer in status.
  7. After marriage your fiancé may apply for his/her Permanent Resident Card.

If you are recently engaged and your loved one is a non-US citizen that resides abroad call our office to learn more about getting him/her to legally reside with you in the United States.

Ft. Lauderdale Fiancé Visas