IMMIGRATION TPS (TEMPORARY PROTECTED STATUS) LAWYER
What is TPS?
TPS is designated to a foreign county when conditions in the country are too dangerous to return to or where the country is unable to handle the return of its nationals adequately. Please note this is only temporary. Once conditions are better in the foreign country TPS will no longer be granted for those individuals.
The Secretary may designate a country for TPS due to the following temporary conditions in the country:
- Ongoing armed conflict (such as civil war)
- An environmental disaster (such as earthquake or hurricane), or an epidemic
- Other extraordinary and temporary conditions
Individuals who are granted TPS are giving the following privileges:
- Are not removable from the United States
- Can obtain an employment authorization document
- May be granted travel authorization
ATTORNEY IMMIGRATION FOR TPS (TEMPORARY PROTECTED STATUS)
Countries Currently Designated for TPS
- El Salvador
- South Sudan