Immigration Lawyer for Citizenship Application
When can I apply for US Citizenship?
- You have to be at least 18 years old at the time of filing Form N-400, Application for Naturalization.
- Be a Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder) for at least 5 years
- Show that you have lived for at least 3 months in the State or USCIS District where you apply
- Demonstrate Continuous Residence in the United States for at least 5 years immediately before the date of filing Form N-400
- Show that you have been physically present in the United States for at least 30 months out of the 5 years immediately preceding the date of filing Form N-400
- Be a person of Good moral character
What if I obtained my permanent resident card through my spouse?
- If you obtained your permanent resident card through your spouse then you may apply for citizenship after three (3) years of being a permanent resident. You also still need to be me married to that particular spouse.
You need an attorney for Citizenship Application
- Have a basic understanding of US History and Government
- Be able to read, write, and speak basic English
Are there any exceptions to the English Requirements?
- Medical Exceptions
- Age Exceptions