Citizenship Application

Immigration Lawyer for Citizenship Application

When can I apply for US Citizenship?

  • You have to be at least 18 years old at the time of filing Form N-400, Application for Naturalization.
  • Be a Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder) for at least 5 years
  • Show that you have lived for at least 3 months  in the State or USCIS  District where you apply
  • Demonstrate Continuous Residence in the United States for at least 5 years immediately before the date of filing Form N-400
  • Show that you have been physically present in the United States for at least 30 months out of the 5 years immediately preceding the date of filing Form N-400
  • Be a person of Good moral character

What if I obtained my permanent resident card through my spouse?

  • If you obtained your permanent resident card through your spouse then you may apply for citizenship after three (3) years of being a permanent resident. You also still need to be me married to that particular spouse.

You need an attorney for Citizenship Application

Other Requirements.

  • Have a basic understanding of US History and Government
  • Be able to read, write, and speak basic English

Are there any exceptions to the English Requirements?

  • Medical Exceptions
  • Age Exceptions